As part of our partnership at the John Braithwaite Community Centre we operate the Family Centre which offers a variety of drop in programs for families with children under six, including Mother Goose story time, parent education workshops, resource and children’s libraries, and childminding.
The Family Centre Makes A Difference!
- Form friendships and connect with neighbours
- Learn through new ideas and get helpful parenting support
- Share common successes and challenges
- Voice your opinions and make a difference
- Connect with your children through play, laughter, stories, song
- LoLo Family Playgroup Drop In (brochure)
- Circle of Care (Caregivers only)
- Daddy & Me Drop-In (brochure)
- Pacific Postpartum Support Group
- Parent Community Developers’ Playgroups (brochure)
- Parent Child Mother Goose (brochure) – Note: This program is fully registered.
- Story Time Drop In (brochure)
- Summer in the Park Playgroups
- Sunshine Song Time (brochure) (download rhymes & songs to play with your child) – Note: This program is fully registered.
- Vancouver Coastal Health Parent Infant Drop-In
- Yoga Break for Parents (brochure)
- Benefits of Physical Literacy (brochure)
- Healthy Childhood Development
- Help! My Kid Didn’t Come With An Owner’s Manual
- Nobody’s Perfect Parenting
- Parent Activity Group (brochure)
- Parenting with the Brain in Mind (brochure)
- Successful Co-Parenting
- You and Your Child: The Benefits of Play