Where am I on the waitlist?
- We are unable to provide information with regards to place on waitlists. Generally, we operate on a ‘first come-first served’ basis.
How long can I expect to wait for an offer of childcare space?
- Generally, most spaces become available between July and September when children leave our programs. It is very difficult to predict when a space will become available.
- This information is general and should not be treated as an actual guide to when you should expect to receive an offer. We are unable to guarantee that a space will become available and do encourage families to continue their search for childcare and not rely solely on their application’s preferred start date for when care will be provided.
- North Shore Community Services (NSCR) can provide information about Childcare in the community. nscr.bc.ca 604-985-7138
Can I tour a childcare centre before I accept a space?
- We are currently not offering tours of our centres due to COVID-19. However, we are able to share photos of each centre. Please click here to view photos: https://www.nsnh.bc.ca/children/childcare-sites/
Is there a waitlist application fee?
Does Daycare provide snacks/meals?
- Currently, NSNH Daycares provides milk at snacks and lunch.
Can I apply for government subsidy?
- Yes. This is the link to Affordable Child Care Benefit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/family-social-supports/caring-for-young-children/child-care-funding/child-care-benefit
What does the daily schedule look like:
NSNH Daycare Infant/Toddler Room Daily Schedule
NSNH Daycare – 3 to 5 room – Daily Schedule
School Age – Before & After School Care Program – Covid Friendly Kid’s Club Daily Flow of the day
Morning – Before School – 7:30 Open
Afternoon – After School until Close at 6:00pmSchool Age – Before & After School care Program – Covid Friendly Kid’s Club Daily Flow of the day