OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC INPUT ON A NEW BUILDING ON OCTOBER 25, 2021.
The North Shore Neighbourhood House is looking for your support in an upcoming Public Hearing.
The North Shore Neighbourhood House (NSNH) is very excited to be working with the City of North Vancouver on the redevelopment of our current site at East 2nd Street and St. Georges Avenue. We are writing today to update you, and to ask for your support for this important initiative.
This is a unique opportunity to expand and refresh NSNH’s space, which is over 81 years old and no longer meets our space requirements for the growing support we provide to the community. It is also an opportunity to bring together three community-oriented organizations (see below) into a vibrant and integrated community service hub at the heart of Lower Lonsdale.
We are need of a new building for many reasons, some of which include:
- The childcare facility size no longer meets current regulations for licensing.
- The food hub has grown from 180 people/week receiving food to 750 people/week receiving food.
- Partnering agencies are in need of space to provide services to our North Shore community members, and these requests outnumber our space capacity
- We are the extreme weather response shelter overflow location and require more space to serve a growing homeless population locally
- We are the designated North Shore emergency center, for disasters such as fire, flood, etc.
We see so many new opportunities for collaboration with the other partners: Catalyst Community Development, Care Society of BC, and Hollyburn Family Services Society. Their services align perfectly with the mission, vision and values of the North Shore Neighbourhood House. The proposed project will provide the following resources and benefits to the Lower Lonsdale community:
- Adult day and overnight respite program
- Below-market rental housing
- Child development support programs
- Youth and seniors programs
- Health, arts and recreation programs
- Food bank and food security programs
- Intergenerational programming opportunities
Your support is needed as the City of North Vancouver moves forward with the public hearing about rezoning of the current NSNH site. Please send an email or written letter of support to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the NSNH redevelopment project, please go to: https://letstalk.cnv.org/north-shore-neighbourhood-house
Thank you for your support.
Public Input Opportunity on October 25, 2021
The Public Hearing will be held electronically via “WebEx”. All persons who believe their interest in property may be affected by the proposed bylaws will be afforded an opportunity to speak at the Public Hearing and/or by email or written submission. All submissions must include your name and address and should be sent to the Corporate Officer at email@example.com, or by mail or delivered to City Hall, no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, October 25, 2021, to ensure their availability to Council at the Public Hearing. Once the Public Hearing has concluded, no further information or submissions can be considered by Council.
To speak at the Public Hearing by phone: Pre-register by completing the online form at cnv.org/PublicHearings(External link), or by phoning 604-990-4230 and providing contact information so call-in instructions can be forwarded to you. All pre-registration must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, October 25, 2021. Speakers who have not pre-registered will also have an opportunity to speak at the Public Hearing. Once all registered speakers have provided input, the Mayor will call for a recess to allow time for additional speakers to phone in. Call-in details will be displayed on-screen at the Public Hearing (watch web livestream(External link)).
The proposed OCP, Zoning and Park Dedication amendments, background material and staff presentations will be available for viewing online at cnv.org/PublicHearings(External link) on Friday, October 15, 2021.