I. Who the Position Reports to
CAPC Site Supervisor
II. Nature and Scope of Work
The Parent Community Developer (PCD) is an informal and accessible paraprofessional providing resources and information at the grassroots, neighbourhood level. The PCD program assists and empowers families to build upon their existing networks.
This Pre-employment opportunity is given to parents who are re-entering the workforce. Training opportunities will be provided with North Shore Neighbourhood House, and also through Community Action Program for Children training workshops.
The Parent Community Developer program is one of prevention and support for parents and families with children ages 0-6. There is a particular focus on helping families living in conditions of risk to access community programs and services.
The position is part-time with a contract for one year.
The Parent Community Developer will work within a Childcare Centre.
III. Job Responsibilities
- Share and distribute information to parents and families about community resources, and other parenting-related topics.
- Co-facilitate the PCDs Family Playgroup Drop in.
- Organize and host events for parents and families with young children.
- Participate in ongoing evaluations of the PCD Program by administering surveys, collect data about program participation, and write regular reports.
- Work in collaboration with the supervisor, and as part of a team attends regular meetings and deadlines.
- Ability to connect parents to resources and support them in the process.
- Have a sound knowledge of North Shore community resources.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a genuine desire to contribute to the health and well-being of children, families, and the larger community.
- Flexible hours required, some evening and weekend work are required.
- An excellent asset for this position would be parent/child training such as Mother Goose, Nobody’s Perfect or equivalent training in this field.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations
- Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s License
Hours of work, Rate
- 12 hours per week
- $16.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply to:
Community Action Program for Children (CAPC)
Monday November 9, 2020