North Shore Neighbourhood House Childcare Opportunities
The North Shore Neighbourhood House has been meeting the child care needs of the community since 1939 and is currently the largest provider of childcare on the North Shore.
Our childcare programs are committed to nurturing and guiding young children. We provide an environment that fosters trust, security and comfort. We strive to offer a balance of activities that help children progress in social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
Our programs respect and value differences, recognizing that children are individuals and that every child is unique.
Our sites provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for all children. We provide time and opportunities for children to explore and investigate their world and to communicate with other children and adults. The environment fosters an accepting, tolerant and flexible attitude towards others and respect for the natural world.
- Full time and casual ECE Educators.
- Full time positions include benefits.
You will have strengths in:
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Effective, cooperative and respectful team work and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of child development.
- Appropriate and positive guidance/discipline skills.
- Permanent positions need an ECE and/or Infant Toddler license to practice.
- Casual staff need ECE assistant or ECE license to practice.
- $19.93 per hour for permanent position
- $17.73 for casual position
Terms of Employment: for permanent positions:
- Medical, dental, extended health and a pension plan
Additional Wage Enhancement:
Through the Ministry of Child and Family Development there is an additional $2.00 per hour added to the hourly wage as per the ECE Wage Enhancement for BC ECE licensed staff.
This is at the discretion of the Province of BC and may be modified or terminated at any time.
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
Roberta Niccoli-Morrison, Program Manager Early Years
North Shore Neighbourhood House
225 East 2nd Street, North Vancouver, BC, V7L 1C4