UPDATE: We regret to advise that we are unable to run the free income tax return preparation clinics at this time.
To find information about income tax filing, and the new extended deadline to August 31, 2020, please see the Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/income-tax.html
North Shore Neighbourhood House will be offering income tax preparation clinics Monday to Saturday from March 4th to April 30th.
This is a FREE service but donations are appreciated.
By appointment only. Please Call: 604-987-8138 Ext 201
Appointment booking start on February 11th
- We will only file tax forms for clients that attend the clinic in person
- We will help file tax returns for seniors, individuals, families, newcomers, students and people with disabilities
- You have to be a North Shore resident
- One person – up to $30,000
- One person with one dependent – up to $35,000 (add $2,500 for each dependent)
- Couple – up to $40,000 (add $2,500 for each dependent)
Please bring the following:
- Your SIN card plus another piece of government issued photo ID
- All necessary documentation (i.e. T4, T5, or T5007 slips for 2019, medical receipts, tuition or school receipts (T2202), children’s fitness receipts, immigration papers, and a copy of the previous year’s tax return
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE TAX RETURNS FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- Are self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have business income and expenses (unless income is in 048 on T4A slip and less than$1,000 with no related expenses)
- Have interest income over $1,000
- Have a capital gains or losses
- Have filed for bankruptcy
- Are completing a tax return for a deceased person
- Own property (condo, house, etc)