Seniors Programs & Services
North Shore Neighbourhood House offers many fun fitness, sport and recreational classes that appeal to a wide variety of interests and are inclusive of all ability levels. Come to the House to sing, paint, dance, learn a new skill, go on outings, keep healthy or chat with other seniors. Everyone is welcome.
- Drop in Games - Mahjong, Cribbage, Bridge, Scrabble, Friendly Friday
- Drop in Sports - Table Tennis, Pickelball
- Visual Art - Watercolors, Acrylic Painting, Drawing
- Fitness - Better Balance, Osteofit, Strong and Steady
- Yoga - Gentle Yoga
- Martial Arts - Qi Gong, Tai Chi
- Social Drop-in's - Social Conversations, Let's talk books, Knitting, Movie Afternoons
- Menís Club
- Bus Trips
- Special Seniors Events
Seniors Lunch Program
Every Wednesday and Friday 11:45 to 1:00pm we offer an affordable and homemade lunch in the Anchor Room at John Braithwaite Community Centre. On Wednesdays we feature soup and sandwiches and Fridays we offer a full hot entre lunch.
Volunteers Grow Community!
There are many opportunities for seniors to be volunteers at both NSNH and JBCC. Check our "get involved" section on our website or call Amal Hasan at 604-982-8314.
We are always searching for new program ideas and new instructors. If you have a skill, passion or anything you would like to share please contact us at 604.982-8326