Every Child Belongs
The Supported Child Development Program (SCDP) is a community-based program that assists families of children with extra support needs to access inclusive child care that meets family needs. The program is intended to serve children from birth to 12, with services for youth 13 – 19 years available in some communities.
SCDP provides the following services to support children, families, and child care providers:
- Individual planning to promote each child’s development
- Training and information for families and child care providers to help each child’s development
- Resources such as books, toys and specialized equipment
- Referrals to other services such as therapists or specialists
- Where necessary, additional staffing to ensure that children may participate fully with their peers.
SCDP operates under the principles of inclusion and family centred practice. SCDP uses a multi-disciplinary team approach. Parents may self-refer, or with parent consent, referrals may come from other service providers. The service is voluntary and free of charge.
For more information, visit www.nsscdp.com. Or contact the SCDP office, 309 West 1st Street, 604-998-0131.