The North Shore Neighbourhood House is a not-for-profit registered charity serving the North Shore community since 1939. We believe working together to meet the grassroots needs of our neighbours, especially our most vulnerable residents, is essential to building a safe, healthy and strong community. The House values and promotes cooperation, respect and empowerment through the provision of programs and services designed to meet the needs of individuals and the community as a whole.
North Shore Neighbourhood House is building a safe, healthy and strong community, welcoming all ages, abilities and cultures – one where everyone has access to support, everyone is included, and where everyone matters.
- To effectively respond to community needs through the delivery of programs and services on the North Shore
- To ensure our programs, services and public spaces are accessible and affordable to all
- To engage in addressing specific issues which affect the well-being of our community
- To ensure all North Shore residents are aware of our programs and services
- To ensure both internal operations and external programming meet our guiding principles
- Equality: To be inclusive and accessible to all community members
- Respect: To celebrate diversity, creativity and individual expression
- Empowerment: To value and welcome the contributions each individual can make based on their ability
- Excellence: To adhere to and meet the highest national standards of professional performance
- Collaboration: To share resources and forge partnerships to benefit the community
- Accountability: To responsibly and ethically manage all financial and personal records
- Sustainability: to strive toward economic and ecological sustainability in our organization
- Courage: to advance our principles and vision in the face of adversity and challenges
North Shore Neighbourhood House recognizes that in order to operate and deliver services, it needs to collect certain personal information on clients, employees, volunteers and donors. NSNH respects and upholds an individual’s right to privacy and to protection of his or her personal information. Policy
Client Stakeholders and Rights
Please Click here for our Client Stakeholders and Rights policy.